It is incredibly important that any company or individual who is being investigated or prosecuted by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency ("VOSA") has access to specialist legal advice at the earliest opportunity as the consequences of a conviction can be far-reaching.
At Fosters we are able to offer any company or individual who is either under investigation or being prosecuted through the courts, such specialist and technical expert advice at every stage of the proceedings.
Common examples of cases that are regularly investigated or prosecuted by VOSA and defended by Fosters include the following:
- Exceeding driver hours
- Failing to take sufficient rest
- Making false tachographs
- Forging and Counterfeiting tachographs
- Exceeding weight restrictions
- Driving with no insurance (including arguments relating to hire and reward)
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
- Failing to display a licence
We can offer a complete service in this ever developing and often complex area of law.
Interviews under caution
We will advise and assist any company or individual who is invited to attend an interview with VOSA under caution.
Interviews with VOSA can play a significant part in the outcome of any case. Our lawyers will provide the best possible advice at the investigation stage of the proceedings. This advice will include:
- Whether to participate in an interview
- If being interviewed, whether to answer questions or whether to exercise a legal right to silence
Advocacy Representation at Court
We will provide advocacy representation for prosecutions in the Magistrates Courts, the Crown Courts and appeal hearings against findings of the Traffic Commissioner. We can also represent those who are due to attend public enquiries. Our lawyers regularly appear in Courts across the Eastern region but will happily discuss representation in other parts of the country if required.
We will be more than happy to discuss any case with any company or individual who is under investigation. We would encourage contact to be made at the earliest possible time.
Fosters Solicitors team of Crime & Business Defence lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Stricter Speeding Fines - What You Need To Know And How Much
- R V Melanie Last - Norwich Crown Court - 27 March 2017
- A Visual Guide To Motoring Prosecution
- Stricter New Driving & Mobile Phone Laws: Don't Get Caught O
- A Visual Guide: What To Do If Accused Of A Crime?
- Talk Talk Hacking Case - Fosters Solicitors
- Dog Microchipping - The New Law
- Buying & Selling A House? - Some Recently Asked Questions
- Drink Driving & The Law
- How Would Your Business Be Affected By The New Guidelines On