Accidents At Work
Accidents at work (sometimes called Employers Liability claims) cover a wide variety of injuries caused by or as a result of your work.
They differ from Industrial Disease claims because:
- They usually occur as a result of a one-off incident;
- There is a definite and recognisable injury;
- Someone connected to your employer may be responsible.
Types of Claim
Accidents at work take many and varied forms. They can occur because your employer fails to follow basic rules of Health & Safety, fails to provide appropriate protective equipment or uses defective machinery. Sometimes another member of staff or a sub-contractor has failed to do their job properly.
Injuries include back problems, injuries to arms or legs through to burns or injuries to the senses.
Making a Claim
As soon as possible after the accident write down, in your own words, exactly what happened. If you think something or somebody was at fault then say so. If there were any witnesses try and obtain their names, addresses and phone numbers and, if you know them, ask them whether they would give a statement to support your claim.
Ensure that the accident including the circumstances, the date, and your injuries are put into the accident book which all employers are duty bound to hold. Try and obtain a copy of the page about your accident.
If you did not go to hospital or to your GP at the time of the accident because you didn't think your injury was that serious but it has since become worse, see your GP as soon as your symptoms worsen, explain precisely what happened and the problems that you are now having.
For an initial chat, to obtain further details, or to arrange your (FREE) first appointment phone us on 0800 214 072 or 01603 620508, e-mail us.
Fosters Solicitors team of Personal Injury lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Clinical Negligence Fixed Fees Cap
- Car Insurance Premiums Set To Fall... ?
- The Discount Rate That Doesn't Discount
- Fatal Errors In Hospitals Continue
- Bereavement Award
- What One Hand Giveth The Other Taketh Away
- Government Proposals To Improve Compensation For Babies Inju
- Making A Splash - Rav Wilding To Sue Splash Production Compa
- Brexit And Personal Injury - Part 2
- Brexit And Personal Injury - Part 1