Slipping & Tripping Accidents

If you have suffered an injury as a result of slipping, tripping or falling in a shop, office or even walking down the street, you may be able to claim compensation if the accident was not your fault. You have the right to expect that any public place (or even a private building or home) should be safe from slippery or defective surfaces.

Types Of Claim

Common causes of such claims include broken paving slabs, uneven ground or objects protruding from the pavement. Maintenance of a public road or footpath is usually the responsibility of the Local Authority.

Tripping accidents can also occur at work. Whether you slipped on a liquid or substance which should not have been there, fell over an obstruction in a walkway or tripped on an uneven surface you may have a claim. Even if the accident was due to a fellow Employee, your Employer can still be held responsible. Your Employer is responsible for the actions of their Employees and for ensuring that they follow proper health and safety procedures to keep the workplace free from hazards.

You may also be able to claim if you are in a supermarket, restaurant or a shop and you slip on a wet surface or trip over an obstruction.

Making A Claim

If you can take photographs of the area where you slipped or the object which caused you to trip. If there is a difference in height measure it and take a photograph with a ruler in place showing the height difference. You will need to prove that the owner or occupier was aware of the hazard and that no steps were taken to warn people of the hazard.

Wherever possible ask for the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses. Witnesses do not need to be independent. A witness is still a witness even if they are related to you.

For an initial chat, to obtain further details, or to arrange your (FREE) first appointment phone us on 0800 214 072 or 01603 620508, or e-mail us.

Contacting Us

Fosters Solicitors Team of Personal Injury Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.