Transfer Of Equity / Matrimonial Transfers
A transfer of equity is a transaction where legal ownership of a property changes hands. For example where a couple transfer it into the sole name of one or other of them, or a person is added to the title.
It is generally much more straightforward than a sale or purchase as usually there will be no searches or enquiries, since the parties involved will have prior knowledge of the property, so there is no need for a contract.
If the property is subject to a mortgage, you must obtain the consent of the Lender before proceeding with any transfer of equity.
What We Can Do For You
We have a dedicated team of experienced, professional and approachable Solicitors. We offer friendly and efficient advice. Our lawyers have extensive experience in processing transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers. We understand that this process is life changing and will impact your future. Our team will be there to support and advise you every step of the way.
The Residential Property Team at Fosters Solicitors have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal property query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- How Long Will My Sale & Purchase Take?
- New Builds: What You Need To Know
- Six Reasons For Remortgaging
- Have You Considered A Lifetime ISA?
- Eastern Daily Press Highlights Concerns About Rogue Landlord
- Struggling To Save Your 10% Deposit? All Is Not Lost!
- February Conveyancing Offer For First Time Buyers
- Taylor Wimpey Ground Rent Review - How We Can Help
- Got A Low Cost Quote? Read Our Guide To 'Budget' Conveyancin
- Stamp Duty Land Tax Relief Is A Welcome Change For First Tim