Police Station Advice
All legal advice that Fosters provide at police stations is free to our clients.
Being arrested is an extremely pressurised and stressful experience. Everyone is entitled to free legal advice, and if you are interviewed by the police, you are entitled to have a legal representative present. Interviews are recorded on tape and the way you approach the questions is crucial.
Fosters' Crime and Defence Team can attend on you at the police station. The decisions we can help you with will shape the future of the case. With Fosters with you at every stage you can be assured you are making the right decisions.
To access the free expert advice you need at the police station, all you need to do is ask for Fosters when arrested by the police. They are required to notify a Central Call Centre that holds all of our details, and who notify us as soon as the call is received.
It may be that you are required to go to Court. Fosters can help you find your way through this process, and Legal Aid may be available.
It is important you receive the correct advice as to whether you should plead Guilty or Not Guilty, as how the case progresses and the outcomes are all affected by the decisions you make.
We can offer clear legal advice on the following:
- Whether arrest or detention is likely or was lawful;
- Whether evidence obtained by the police was done so lawfully;
- Whether that evidence crosses the threshold for a prosecution;
- If alternative charges should have been considered;
- If a prosecution can be said to be in the public interest;
- Test the reliability and admissibility of the evidence;
- Advice on the strength of the prosecution case, and the defences available or raised.
Our Defence experts are experienced in all areas of Criminal Defence work. We will provide the advice you need, and conduct the hearings on your behalf, achieving the best result possible. We have access to nationally recognised experts if your case surrounds issues of a medical, forensic or other scientific nature.
Fees depend on the complexity of the case and we advise you contact us to get a no obligation quote. We always offer affordable legal advice at fixed fees and our popular initial consultation appointments provide a wealth of information for you to progress your case with or without further assistance.
Free, No Obligation Quote
We understand that you will want to have an idea of costs and fees initially to see how we can assist. We offer a no obligation, free quote. You can contact us on 01603 620508 or email using the contact form at the top of the page to receive your free quote.
Criminal Offences Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I Get Public Funding (Legal Aid) At Court?
- I Did Not Have A Solicitor When I Was Arrested, And Have To Return To The Police Station, Can I Have A Solicitor This Time?
- How Long Will It Take For My Case To Be Concluded?
- How Much Will It Cost If I Do Not Qualify For Public Funding (Legal Aid)?
- Am I Entitled To Have A Solicitor At The Police Station?
- See more Frequently Asked Questions...
Fosters Solicitors Team of Crime & Business Defence Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Norfolk Police Launch Their Drink-Driving Christmas Campaign
- Dash Cam Footage Causes Havoc For Traffic Offenders
- Crime Figures Soar For Norfolk
- High-Risk Offenders - The Hidden Peril Of Drink Driving
- Stricter Speeding Fines - What You Need To Know And How Much
- R v Melanie Last - Norwich Crown Court - 27 March 2017
- A Visual Guide To Motoring Prosecution
- Stricter New Driving And Mobile Phone Laws: Don't Get Caught
- A Visual Guide: What To Do If Accused Of A Crime?
- Talk Talk Hacking Case - Fosters Solicitors