It is incredibly important that any company or individual who is being investigated or prosecuted by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has access to specialist legal advice at the earliest opportunity as the consequences of a conviction can be far-reaching.
At Fosters we are able to offer any company, or individual, specialist and technical expert advice at every stage of the proceedings.
Common examples of cases that are regularly investigated or prosecuted by DVSA and defended by Fosters include the following:
- Exceeding driver hours;
- Failing to take sufficient rest;
- Forging and Counterfeiting tachographs;
- Exceeding weight restrictions;
- Driving with no insurance (including arguments relating to hire and reward);
- Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence;
- Failing to display a licence.
Interviews Under Caution
We will advise and assist any company or individual who is invited to attend an interview with DVSA under caution. Interviews with DVSA can play a significant part in the outcome of any case. Our Lawyers will provide the best possible advice at the investigation stage of the proceedings.
This advice will include:
- Whether to participate in an interview;
- If being interviewed, whether to answer questions or exercise a legal right to silence.
Advocacy Representation At Court
We will provide advocacy representation for prosecutions in the Magistrates Courts, the Crown Courts and appeal hearings against findings of the Traffic Commissioner. We can also represent those who are due to attend public enquiries.
Our Lawyers regularly appear in Courts across the Eastern region but will happily discuss representation in other parts of the country if required.
We will be more than happy to discuss any case with any company or individual who is under investigation. We would encourage contact to be made at the earliest possible time.
Free, No Obligation Quote
We understand that you will want to have an idea of costs and fees initially to see how we can assist. We offer a no obligation, free quote. You can contact us on 01603 620508 or email using the contact form at the top of the page to receive your free quote.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Crime & Business Defence Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- What Happens If You're Pulled Over For Drink Driving?
- Norfolk Police Launch Their Drink-Driving Christmas Campaign
- Dash Cam Footage Causes Havoc For Traffic Offenders
- Crime Figures Soar For Norfolk
- High-Risk Offenders - The Hidden Peril Of Drink Driving
- Stricter Speeding Fines - What You Need To Know And How Much
- R v Melanie Last - Norwich Crown Court - 27 March 2017
- A Visual Guide To Motoring Prosecution
- Stricter New Driving And Mobile Phone Laws: Don't Get Caught
- A Visual Guide: What To Do If Accused Of A Crime?