Motoring Offences ‐ FAQ

Can I Get Public Funding (Legal Aid)?

In some cases it is possible to get Legal Aid for motoring offences. Call us for a no obligation quote and we will advise you whether or not Legal Aid is available. If not, we will give you a clear idea of what our fees would be.

Do I Have To Go To Court?

If you are unfortunate enough to receive a Summons for an offence, by instructing a Solicitor you can avoid having to go to Court for some, if not all, of the hearings. At Fosters we can deal with the case on your behalf, saving you valuable time and money.

I Am Pleading Guilty anyway. Why Do I Need A Solicitor?

In many cases, the most important work a Solicitor can do follows a guilty plea. Points on your driving licence, or even disqualification from driving can be avoided if it is possible to make either a Special Reasons or Exceptional Hardship Application. Both of these can involve complex legal arguments and require evidence to be given to the Court. Fosters can identify the issues for you and prepare and present the application on your behalf.

The Police Want To Speak To Me Regarding A Motoring Incident. Do I Need A Solicitor?

If the police want to interview you because they believe you may have done something wrong, this interview will be under police caution, which entitles you to free and independent legal advice. The content of the interview will shape and define the context of any case against you, and your answers are therefore crucial as they have significant consequences. The police have to offer you that free advice - we will ensure you receive it promptly and with your interests in mind.