Contentious Trusts and Probate
When a loved one or someone close passes away, problems can arise over the proper administration of the deceased person's estate.
Our specialist team at Fosters is here to help you bring or defend a claim against an estate or a co-executor. Whether you are a personal representative or a beneficiary, or perhaps someone eligible who has been overlooked entirely by the deceased person, we are here to offer expect advise about your situation and to find a solution that works for you.
We are here to assist with all type of disputes that can arise upon death:
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Disputes over the administration of estates (we act for both executors and beneficiaries)
- Removing executors or trustees
- Recovering funds/assets owed to an estate
- Disputes over Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Disputes relating to deputyship orders
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975 (when the provisions of a will do not make reasonable provision for someone close to the deceased)
- Claims for an account from those who have mismanaged money entrusted to them for the benefit of another
- Fraudulent Calumny (when a false impression of a potential beneficiary is made unlawfully to a testator with the purpose of having that injured person excluded from a will)
- Court of Protection claims over decision-making for someone without capacity
We offer initial consultations to new clients at significantly reduced rates. We follow up on face to face advice in writing. Our aim is to give you the perspective you need to make an informed decision about how to move forward. We are happy to have an initial phone discussion (without obligation on you) to ascertain how best we can assist.
What we offer
Our experienced and skilled litigators, recognised in their field, will support and guide you through the resolution process in a professional manner. We focus on resolving disputes quickly and proportionately without the need to resort to the expense of litigation if it can be avoided. If a court ordered remedy is the only realistic solution, we will ensure you get the advice and assistance you need.
We will listen to you and work out what you want to achieve. We aim to deliver your objective in a way you understand, one that offers value for money and that will allow you to move on.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Litigation Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Litigation Team Share Expertise at Eastern Landlords Associa
- Fosters ranked a Leading Firm for Litigation and Dispute Res
- Fosters Welcomes New Solicitor Gurpal Singh
- New Electrical Safety Standards for the Private Rented Secto
- Coronavirus Update for Commercial Landlords
- Buyer Beware
- Christmas Shopping in full Swing? Don't get caught out!
- Everybody Needs Good Neighbours
- Pro-bono in action; Alice Trainor joins NCLS
- Landlord & Tenant:Section 8 Notices