We all use experts to undertake more complex tasks. Often, we have no option but to place complete trust in an expert. Human error or incompetence can lead to negligence and in turn loss, so much so that when some aspect of an expert's service falls below what you can reasonably expect, there can be grave, sometimes life changing consequences.
Typically, we assist clients in claiming against other legal professionals, accountants and surveyors who have made errors (usually unintentionally) that amount to professional negligence in a legal sense. In such cases the law provides remedies to help put injured parties back in the position they would have been, had the negligence never occurred.
- Your surveyor carried out a positive full structural survey on a property you subsequently bought, but later you discover an unstable timber framework that should have been reported by the surveyor. The repair costs are likely to be about £30,000; or
- Your solicitor failed to identify that a strip of land does not form part of the title to the property you have bought, even though it was described as such in the sale particulars. The garden is in reality smaller than you realised which means the house is worth less than you paid for it; or
- your solicitor failed to identify that your new home is subject to restrictive covenants that affect the way you enjoy the land, and which will inevitably cause you substantial hardship.
These examples are based on real life cases where the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team successfully engaged with negligent parties and their insurers, to secure successful outcomes.
We are able to refer cases to independent, accredited mediators whenever mediation might offer the best chance of finding a solution to your dispute.
We provide costs information up front and will assist you in looking at different funding options including the availability of legal expenses insurance (LEI).
We offer competitive initial consultations fees and we are always happy to have a preliminary conversation without obligation, to ensure we can assist before taking formal instructions at a first appointment.
We offer initial consultations to new clients at significantly reduced rates. We follow up on face-to-face advice in writing. Our aim is to give you the perspective you need to make an informed decision about how to move forward. We are happy to have an initial phone discussion (without obligation on you) to ascertain how best we can assist.
What we offer
Our experienced and skilled litigators will support and guide you through the dispute resolution process in a professional manner. We focus on resolving disputes quickly and proportionately without the need to resort to the expense of litigation if it can be avoided. If a court ordered remedy is the only realistic solution, we will ensure you get the advice and assistance you need.
We will listen to you and work out what you want to achieve. We aim to deliver your objective in a way you understand, one that offers commercial value and that will allow you to move on.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Litigation Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- 'Breathing Space' protection available to debtors
- Litigation Team Share Expertise at Eastern Landlords Associa
- Fosters ranked a Leading Firm for Litigation and Dispute Res
- Fosters Welcomes New Solicitor Gurpal Singh
- New Electrical Safety Standards for the Private Rented Secto
- Coronavirus Update for Commercial Landlords
- Buyer Beware
- Christmas Shopping in full Swing? Don't get caught out!
- Everybody Needs Good Neighbours
- Pro-bono in action; Alice Trainor joins NCLS