We all go to experts to help us because their many years of training and experience enable them to undertake matters on our behalf we simply cannot do ourselves. Often there is complete trust and the situation is often "your life in their hands", so what happens if something goes horribly wrong - who can you turn to?
Most often this will be a Lawyer or Surveyor who has simply made a mistake - they are human - and whilst few mistakes will be intentional they may be negligent in which case the law provides a remedy to put you back in the position you would have been in if the mistake had not occurred.
If your claim is against a medical professional e.g. a Doctor, GP, or Dentist then visit our Clinical Negligence page.
- Your Surveyor may have carried out a full structural survey on the property you subsequently bought but some time later you discover the timber frame is unstable. This should have been picked up by the Surveyor and the repair costs are £30,000.
- Your Solicitor failed to see that the strip of land near to the main road was not part of the house you were buying as described in the sale particulars. The garden was 40 feet short. The house value is £10,000 less.
These were real cases and a nightmare for those involved but the outcome of the action against the adviser (really their insurers) was very much better.
What We Can Do For You
Our lawyers have extensive experience and knowledge and understand the impact professional negligence can have on your livelihood. Our approach is efficient, prompt and knowledgeable; we assess problems and identify solutions as quickly as possible to bring your case to a satisfactory conclusion with a minimum of fuss.
Funding options to include conditional fees are available depending on the merits of your case, please contact us to find out more.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Litigation Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Buyer Beware
- Christmas Shopping in full Swing? Don't get caught out!
- Everybody Needs Good Neighbours
- Pro-bono in action; Alice Trainor joins NCLS
- Landlord & Tenant:Section 8 Notices
- Mediation As A Form Of ADR
- The Guardianship (Missing Persons) Act 2017
- Have You Checked Yours? ASTs & The Tenants Fee Act 2019
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies: A Warning To All Landlords
- Alice Trainor Qualifies With Fosters Solicitors LLP