Stress At Work
In today's increasingly busy, intense, and 24/7 working environment claims for bullying, harassment and excessive workloads leading to stress, depression and mental breakdown are unfortunately increasing.
Whilst we all expect to be under pressure at work from time to time and all Employers are under a duty to protect their Employees - to provide a safe and healthy working environment - if that pressure leads to expectations of Employees fulfilling an unreasonable level of work combined with long hours and this in turn affects your health you may have a claim for stress at work.
Claims for stress at work are complex, difficult to prove, and require experienced legal expertise. Generally, you will need to prove that:
- your Employer knew (i.e. that they were on notice) that you were under pressure/at risk of falling ill; and your Employer failed to do anything to help or alleviate the source of that pressure; and
- you suffered a breakdown or requested medical help as a result; and on your return to work your Employers did nothing to change the cause of the original stress; and
- as a result you suffered a further breakdown or illness requiring medical treatment.
Free Initial Consultation
We understand that you will want to speak to us initially to see how we can assist. We offer a no obligation, free first meeting at any of our offices throughout East Anglia, at your home, or in hospital followed by a full letter of advice. If you are unsure whether you may have a claim please feel free to ring or e-mail us, again without obligation.
What Can We Do For You
Fosters are one of the few solicitors firms who are able to deal with stress at work claims and one of the very few who have won such claims at trial. We understand the impact stress at work can have on your day-to-day life and your future. Our approach is efficient, prompt and knowledgeable; we assess problems and identify solutions as quickly as possible to bring your case to a satisfactory conclusion with a minimum of fuss.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Personal Injury Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Sodium Valproate - the New Thalidomide?
- £18,000 obtained for client bullied by supervisors
- Medical groups seek legal protection from Covid decision-mak
- Personal Injury team accredited by national charity Headway
- Unusual insurance claims revealed
- Fosters supports bereaved family to win settlement
- Fosters joins the legal panel of national charity RoadPeace
- Associate Barry Grogan accredited as APIL Litigator
- Supreme Court Ruling to Impact Inquest Conclusions
- Sharon Kelly Inquest: Three Criticisms Raised by Jury