Going into hospital to have an operation, whether that is for a planned operation or in the case of an emergency, is a highly stressful and worrying time for patients and their loved ones.
The majority of NHS and Private operations are performed to a high standard; however, there are times when surgery does not go to plan and the patient can be left with life changing injuries.
Whilst every operation poses a varying degree of risk, surgical error should not be a risk that you have to account for.
Surgical error can have devastating consequences for the patient, and common examples include injuring a nerve during surgery, leaving a piece of surgical equipment inside a patient, or failing to provide adequate aftercare following an operation resulting in infection or a blood clot, for example.
Not every surgery that results in complications due to negligence; you must show that the standard of treatment you were given fell so low that no other reasonably competent surgeon would deem the treatment you were given to be reasonable.
Our specialist team have a wide range of experience in handling medical negligence claims for surgical error and can help you gain the compensation you deserve.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Personal Injury Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Fosters Secure £180,000 Compensation via Virtual Round
- Plans to Extend Eligibility for Bereavement Damages
- Cancer Treatment Delays Could Prove Costly
- Personal Injury - Your Local Specialists in Motorcycle Injur
- Injury Prevention Week - 17 to 21 August 2020
- Proposed Law Change may affect Veterans' Access to Justice
- Vaginal Mesh and Sodium Valproate - The Cumberlege Report ha
- Medical Negligence - How Mediation Can Help Resolve Claims
- £87,000 Obtained for Injured Mechanic
- Seven Figure Settlement for Injured Cyclist