If you are requiring a mortgage in order to purchase your property, we will need to carry out certain searches to comply with your mortgage lender's criteria. If you do not require a mortgage, we will take your instructions and advise you as to which searches we believe should be done.
The usual searches are:
- Local Authority Search
- Environmental Search
- Water And Drainage Search
In certain areas of the country, additional searches may be applicable, but we will advise you of these separately where necessary.
A separate search would be needed to obtain information relating to neighbouring properties or road proposals and traffic schemes. You should therefore let us know as early as possible if you have any queries concerning these matters and we will make the relevant additional enquiries upon payment of the appropriate fee.
The Residential Property Team at Fosters Solicitors have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal property query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Join our Residential Property team
- Job Vacancies: Conveyancers/Legal Executives
- Government reforms to shake-up leasehold system
- Conveyancing working with partners to avoid search delays
- Purchasing a Property: An Introduction to the Search Process
- Data Protection Implications for Contact Tracing Records
- Post-lockdown Boom in Conveyancing Instructions
- Chancellor announces cut in Stamp Duty
- Boost for Housing Market in England
- Positive Hopes for the Housing Market