Buying A Home
Your home is probably your biggest asset and we would like to help you to understand the process involved in buying it. Whilst the following information is important and helpful, there may be other points to consider, special to you or your property.
What We Can Do For You
The following is an overview of the investigations we will carry out on your behalf and the other matters that you should consider, but is not a complete, detailed list.
As part of the conveyancing procedure, we will liaise with you and advise you every step of the way. We will listen to your requirements and your timescales and we will do what we can to achieve your objectives. We will investigate the legal title and the contract documentation, the information provided by the seller and their agents and the results of the searches we commission on your behalf. We have a duty to report to your mortgage lender where necessary with any detail that they require from us.
Once we are satisfied with the legal elements of your purchase, we will send you a comprehensive report and your mortgage offer (if applicable). If the property is Leasehold, we will send you a copy of the Lease and a summary as soon as we are satisfied with replies to any enquiries which we may want to raise with the Seller's Solicitors regarding the Lease.
In addition to legal costs, there may be at least some of the following to budget for, in addition to the purchase price, when considering buying a property:
- Survey and valuation fees (to be arranged by you independently);
- Land Registry Fees;
- Stamp Duty (where the purchase price exceeds £125,000);
- Removal costs and expenses;
- Search fees and other sundry expenses which we have to pay to third parties;
- Mortgage arrangement fees;
- Costs of essential work which may be required by you or your Lender;
- Financial liabilities under a Lease, if the property is leasehold;
- Declaration of Trust fees where you or a third party wishes to protect your individual financial shares in the property.
Please browse through the following links for further useful information:
We have a dedicated team of experienced, professional and approachable Solicitors. We offer friendly and efficient advice. Our lawyers have extensive experience in processing and helping you with a purchase of a home. We understand that this process is life changing and will impact your future. Our team will be there to support and advise you every step of the way.
Buying A Home Frequently Asked Questions
- When Can I Collect My Keys?
- How Long Until I Move In?
- What Is The Stamp Duty Threshold?
- What Happens On Completion?
- When Do You Need My Deposit?
- See more Frequently Asked Questions...
The Residential Property Team at Fosters Solicitors have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal property query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.