A remortgage (also known as refinancing) is the process of paying off one mortgage with the proceeds from a new mortgage. There are various reasons for remortgaging but the most common reasons are for the purpose of switching to secure a more favourable interest rate from a different Lender or to release some equity from the property.
Homeowners often mis-use the expression remortgage when they are simply switching from one product to another with the same Lender; this is not a remortgage and can be dealt with directly with the Lender.
What We Can Do For You
Before instructing a Solicitor to act for you on behalf of a remortgage it may be worth checking whether your Lender offers free 'in-house' legal assistance. If not, we will be more than pleased to assist you. We have a dedicated team of experienced, professional and approachable Solicitors. We offer friendly and efficient advice. Our team will be there to support and advise you every step of the way.
The Residential Property Team at Fosters Solicitors have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal property query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Join our Residential Property team
- Job Vacancies: Conveyancers/Legal Executives
- Government reforms to shake-up leasehold system
- Conveyancing working with partners to avoid search delays
- Purchasing a Property: An Introduction to the Search Process
- Data Protection Implications for Contact Tracing Records
- Post-lockdown Boom in Conveyancing Instructions
- Chancellor announces cut in Stamp Duty
- Boost for Housing Market in England
- Positive Hopes for the Housing Market