A remortgage (also known as refinancing) is the process of paying off one mortgage with the proceeds from a new mortgage. There are various reasons for remortgaging but the most common reasons are for the purpose of switching to secure a more favourable interest rate from a different Lender or to release some equity from the property.
Homeowners often mis-use the expression remortgage when they are simply switching from one product to another with the same Lender; this is not a remortgage and can be dealt with directly with the Lender.
What We Can Do For You
Before instructing a Solicitor to act for you on behalf of a remortgage it may be worth checking whether your Lender offers free 'in-house' legal assistance. If not, we will be more than pleased to assist you. We have a dedicated team of experienced, professional and approachable Solicitors. We offer friendly and efficient advice. Our team will be there to support and advise you every step of the way.
The Residential Property Team at Fosters Solicitors have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal property query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Prize Draw Winner Announced
- A Visual Guide To Selling Your Home
- A Visual Guide To Buying Your New Home
- How Long Will My Sale & Purchase Take?
- New Builds: What You Need To Know
- Six Reasons For Remortgaging
- Have You Considered A Lifetime ISA?
- Eastern Daily Press Highlights Concerns About Rogue Landlord
- Struggling To Save Your 10% Deposit? All Is Not Lost!
- February Conveyancing Offer For First Time Buyers