Declarations Of Trust
A Declaration of Trust is usually used when two or more people purchase a property together but they or a third party have provided different sums towards the purchase price. For example, a parent might give their child the deposit towards the purchase of their first home, but wish to safeguard their investment in the event that the property is sold.
A Declaration of Trust is recommended when:
- A property is purchased by two or more people who want to agree now how future sale proceeds are to be divided;
- A property is held in the sole name of one person but someone else has contributed towards the purchase price;
- A property is held by one person in their sole name but it has been purchased for two people to live in as their joint property and both contribute towards the mortgage;
- A former matrimonial home, which was originally purchased by a husband and wife in joint names, but following divorce the husband is to be solely responsible for payment of the mortgage until it is sold;
- A property is in the sole name of one party but the other contributes towards its improvement or enlargement.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in drawing up Declarations of Trusts, understanding the impact these documents can have on your future. Our team will be there to support and advise you every step of the way.
Fosters Solicitors Team of Wills & Probate Lawyers have a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you in relation to any legal query or matter you may have. Call us on 01603 620508 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the department will be in touch very soon.
- Paige Gouldthorpe wins national probate award
- Dying Matters Awareness Week (10-16 May)
- Lisa Glynne joins Fosters' Partnership
- Job Vacancy: We are looking for a Trusts Solicitor
- Fosters welcomes new Associate Paige Gouldthorpe
- Fosters Recommended for 'Very Friendly Professional Service'
- Video-Witnessed Wills to be Legalised
- Wills and Probate - How We're Adapting to Continue Supportin
- Phone and video calls available for Will and Lasting Power o
- 20% off Lasting Powers of Attorney