In some circumstances when somebody passes away, problems can arise over the proper administration of the deceased person’s estate.
Our specialist team are here to help you bring or defend a claim against an estate or a co-executor. Whether you are a personal representative or a beneficiary, or perhaps someone eligible who has been overlooked entirely by the deceased person – we are here to offer expert advice about your situation and to find a solution that works for you.
We can assist with all type of dispute that can arise upon death:
- Challenges to the validity of a will.
- Disputes over the administration of estates (we act for both executors and beneficiaries).
- Removing executors or trustees.
- Recovering funds/assets owed to an estate.
- Disputes over Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs).
- Disputes relating to deputyship orders
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975 (when the provisions of a will do not make reasonable provision for someone close to the deceased).
- Claims for an account from those who have mismanaged money entrusted to them for the benefit of another Fraudulent Calumny (when a false impression of a potential beneficiary is made unlawfully to a testator with the purpose of having that injured person excluded from a will).
- Court of Protection claims over decision-making for someone without capacity.
What we can offer
We will listen to you and work out what you want to achieve. We aim to deliver your objective in a way you understand, one that offers value for money and that will allow you to move on.
Our aim is to give you the perspective you need to make informed decisions about how to move forward. We are happy to have an initial phone discussion, without obligation on you, to ascertain how best we can assist. We offer initial consultations to new clients at reduced rates, providing face-to-face or virtual meeting advice, followed up in writing.
Our experienced and skilled litigators will support and guide you through the dispute resolution process in a professional manner. We focus on resolving disputes quickly and proportionately without the need to resort to the expense of litigation if it can be avoided. If a court ordered remedy is the only realistic solution, we will ensure you get the advice and assistance you need.
We will listen to you and work out what you want to achieve. We aim to deliver your objective in a way you understand, one that offers commercial value and that will allow you to move on.
Meet our expert
Our Partner, Chris Fielding, specialises in this complex area and regularly supports clients who wish to bring or defend a claim. He is recommended in The Legal 500 UK as “empathetic and forensic in his analysis“.