Our expert property lawyers provide comprehensive advice in all aspects of buying and selling business premises – including helping our clients prepare sale contracts, negotiating and agreeing terms and undertaking the necessary searches on the buyer or seller.
We act for organisations of all sizes, from a sole trader looking to move to larger premises, to large companies or partnerships wanting to dispose of their property portfolio.
How we can help
We have a wealth of experience and knowledge in supporting businesses and investors with all their property sale and purchase needs, including:
- providing expert legal services to commercial property investors looking to purchase property in order to generate a rental income as part of a portfolio;
- working with clients’ accountants to ensure that any commercial property sale is structured in accordance with their advice for tax efficiency;
- preparing the contract for sale and helping to complete the replies to the commercial enquiries that are likely to be raised by the buyer’s legal advisors;
- contacting a lender in order to understand their requirements for the release of the property to be sold from any charge that they may have over it;
- advising in transactions where the land is purchased immediately, or where an option agreement or conditional contract is entered into if a transaction is to proceed at a later date;
- preparing the Stamp Duty Land Tax return on the client’s behalf, in accordance with their instructions and if necessary, liaising with their accountant.
Whatever your property requirements please do get in touch and see how we can help.
Recognised and recommended
The Legal 500 UK 2022 rankings praise the Fosters’ Commercial Property team for their ‘thoroughness in getting things absolutely right‘.
Law Society accredited
The Law Society awards accreditations to legal practices and solicitors who meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in specific areas of law. We are members of their Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), which is the recognised quality mark for legal experts in buying or selling property, and is trusted by some of the UK’s biggest lenders.